Polyphony H.S. is Committed to Protecting Intellectual Property and to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Our Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
If you have a good faith belief that material on a system or network controlled or operated by Polyphony H.S. is infringing upon your exclusive copyright please provide written notification to Polyphony H.S.’s designated agent (identified below).
The notification must meet the following requirements:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the
owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if
multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single
notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of
infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Polyphony H.S. to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Polyphony H.S. to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you provide written notification complying with these requirements, Polyphony H.S.
- Reply to your notification to confirm its receipt;
- Send the Polyphony H.S. customer written notification, along with a copy of your notification, requesting removal of the allegedly infringing material and requiring confirmation of the removal be sent to Polyphony H.S. within 24 hours;
- Disable access to the allegedly infringing material or the customer’s account if the customer fails to remove the allegedly infringing material and/or fails to inform Polyphony H.S. of the removal within 24 hours of Polyphony H.S.’s notification;
- Only if the Polyphony H.S. customer sends a proper counter-notification, send your notice of the customer’s counter notification and our intent to re-enable access to the material or the account within 10-14 days of Polyphony H.S.’s receipt of any proper customer counter-notification.
Designated Agent: John C. Lillig
Address: Hoogendoorn & Talbot LLP
122 S. Michigan Avenue, Suite 1220 Chicago, Illinois 60603
Attn: Polyphony H.S. – DMCA
Note: Only copyright complaints should be sent to agent.
For communications on other matters, please contact Polyphony H.S. through the
contact information listed elsewhere on polyphonyhs.com.